Easter weekend is the perfect excuse to get in the kitchen, and we’re here to help! You’ll find lots of baking goodies in store, from cake tins and wooden spoons to cupcake cases – it’s all just waiting to be whisked away…
To get you inspired, here’s a delicious Easter recipe – vanilla cupcakes with buttercream icing and little bunny ears on top.
For the cupcakes you’ll need:
- 110g/4oz butter, softened at room temperature
- 110g/4oz caster sugar
- 2 free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 110g/4oz self-raising flour
- 1-2 tbsp milk
For the icing you’ll need:
- 140g/5oz butter, softened
- 280g/10oz icing sugar
- 1-2 tbsp milk
For the bunny ears you’ll need:
- Pink sprinkles
Now it’s time to get cracking…
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl, then beat in the eggs a little at a time and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour, adding in the milk slowly. Then spoon the mixture into the paper cases.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden-brown.
- For the buttercream icing, beat the butter in a large bowl until soft, then add half the icing sugar and beat until smooth.
- Then add the remaining icing sugar with one tablespoon of the milk, adding more milk if necessary, until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Spoon the icing on to each cupcake.
- Using scissors, cut your marshmallows in to ear shapes, pop a little dollop of icing in the middle and then coat in pink sprinkles – leaving a white marshmallow edge. Then pop two of them onto each cupcake. And you’re done!