Last Updated: 20th October 2016
TK Maxx is owned and operated by TJX Europe, a subsidiary of The TJX Companies Inc.
TJX Ireland Unlimited Company Registered Office: Segrave House, 19-20, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2, Ireland. Vat Reg, IE6336341E Co. No. 316341
The Terms and Conditions may be changed or updated by TJX from time to time and without prior notice. We will indicate at the top of the Terms and Conditions the date on which they were last updated and any use of the site following such a change assumes acceptance of the new Terms and Conditions.
General Terms and Conditions
You may use the website only in accordance with these Terms and Conditions and, in any event, for lawful and proper purposes which include complying with all applicable laws, regulations and codes of practice within the UK and Ireland and any other jurisdiction from which you are accessing the site.
In using the site you agree that you:
- will provide true, accurate, current, complete and non misleading information on any registration form or as otherwise reasonably requested by TJX
- will not disclose any unauthorised, false or fraudulent details
- will not post, transmit or otherwise disseminate any information on or via the website which is or may be harmful, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, harmful, tortuous, racist or otherwise illegal or offensive
- will not post, transmit or otherwise disseminate any materials that infringe the proprietary rights of any third party including intellectual property rights and rights of privacy
If you are provided with a User ID, password or other information as part of our procedures it is your responsibility to treat such information as confidential and not disclose it to any third party. TJX reserves the right to disable any User ID or password either chosen by you or allocated by TJX in the event that TJX believe you may have failed to comply with the Terms and Conditions.
You are responsible for your method of access to this website. You are also responsible to ensure that all persons accessing this website through your internet connection are aware and in compliance with the Terms and Conditions.
TJX will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this website or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Terms Under which this website is provided
Access to this site is provided on a temporary basis and we reserve the right at any time to
- withdraw or amend the service without notice
- to withdraw access to some or all of the site
- to suspend some or all of the services offered
- remove goods, featured jobs or promotions from the site
- cancel your registration and/or account without prior notice
- report any breach under the Computer Misuse Act 1990 to the relevant law enforcement authorities and disclose your identity to them
Gift cards can be purchased in store and online for TKMaxx.
Terms and Conditions of use
1. TK Maxx gift cards can be used in TK Maxx stores. A gift card can only be used in the country in which it was purchased.
2. There are two types of gift card. An open value gift card remains open and further amounts can be added to it at any time up to a maximum value of €999.99. A specified value gift card has a fixed amount when purchased and further amounts cannot be added. Ask in store if you are not sure which gift card you have.
3. Gift cards can only be used for the purchase of merchandise. No more than five gift cards can be used in one transaction. Gift cards purchased in store cannot be returned or exchanged for cash.
5. The holder of the gift card is responsible for its security. Lost, stolen or damaged gift cards will not be replaced.
4. The holder of the gift card is responsible for its security. Lost, stolen or damaged gift cards will not be replaced.
5. Purchases made with a gift card will be deducted from the balance until it reaches zero. No change will be given, so the remaining balance will stay on the gift card and can be spent on future purchases. If the purchase price exceeds the amount available to spend on the gift card, the remaining balance can be settled via another accepted payment method. You can check your balance in store or online at www.tkmaxx.ie
6. The cost of anything you buy with a gift card and return to store in accordance with the TK Maxx Returns Policy will be refunded to a gift card. This does not affect your statutory rights. See full details of our Returns Policy by clicking here.
7. The funds on your gift card are not covered by the Financial Services Compensation scheme.
Additional Terms and Conditions for Gift Cards purchased online
For full terms and conditions for gift cards purchased online please see our gift card order page
Terms Governing Web Content and its Use
Linking to this website
You may link to this website according to the following guidelines. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice if we believe these guidelines are not followed.
- The link must be done in a way that is fair and legal and neither damages nor takes advantage of our reputation
- The link must not suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists
- You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you.
- The website must not be framed on any other site.
- The link must be made to the home page only.
Links to other websites
Our website may also contain links to other sites operated by TJX. We advise you to review the legal, privacy and security information for each such site to which you link as the terms and conditions and privacy policies may vary slightly from site to site.
Copyright, TradeMark and other Intellectual Property Rights
Except as otherwise expressly noted, all images, illustrations, designs (including product designs), graphics, icons, photographs, text, audio clips, video clips and other materials that appear as part of the website as well as the selection, arrangement and organisation of the foregoing and the website as a whole (collectively "Content") are subject to copyright, trade mark, service mark, trade dress and/or other intellectual property rights or licences and rights of publicity and privacy, all worldwide rights, titles and interest in and to which are owned by, licensed or which may otherwise be used by TJX, TK Maxx, HomeSense or our suppliers. All software used on this website is the property of TJX, its suppliers or third party suppliers as applicable and is protected by UK and international copyright and other intellectual property laws.
Guidelines for use
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the website for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on the website
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as authors of material on the website must always be acknowledged
You must not use any part of the content on the website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors
If you print off, copy or download any part of the website in breach of these terms and conditions, your right to use the website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of materials you may have made
Submission and Uploading Material for our website
You warrant that any Submissions comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. As such TJX will own exclusively all such rights, titles and interests and shall have the right to use, reproduce, create derivative works based upon, disclose, publish, distribute, display and publicly perform, any Submissions and not be limited in any way in its use, commercial or otherwise of any Submissions. Further, TK Maxx shall be under no obligation to maintain any Submissions in confidence, pay to users any compensation or royalties for any Submissions or provide attribution to any users for any Submissions. TJX shall have no obligation to keep confidential, use, return or review any Submissions.
TK Maxx will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other use of the website.
Disclaimer of Liability
The website, its content, any material displayed on this website, any information available on or through this website and the software is provide "as is" and "as available" and without any guarantees, conditions or warranties of any kind, either express or implied, as to its accuracy to the fullest extent permitted pursuant to applicable laws.
Unless expressly stated to the contrary, to the fullest extent permitted by law, TK Maxx and its suppliers, content providers and advertisers will not be liable in contract, tort, (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Terms and Conditions for:
- Any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings) or
- Any loss of goodwill or reputation or
- Any special or indirect losses suffered or incurred arising out of or in connection to this website or the linked sites and any materials posted thereon
TJX Europe does not represent or warrant that your use of the website, or the operation or function of the website or any services offered in connection with the website will be uninterrupted or error free; that defects on the website will be corrected; or that the website or its server or any links are free of viruses or other harmful elements. TJX makes no representations or warranty that the website, materials, software or any product offered or purchased through the website is applicable or appropriate for use or access in locations outside the United Kingdom.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit TJX Europe's liability for death or personal injury arising from negligence, nor for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor for any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited by law.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless TJX Europe's directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents and affiliates, from any and all third-party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including but not limited to, legal fees) arising from your use of this website or your breach of these Terms and Conditions.
TJX Europe shall have the right in our absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove or vary the service and/or any page of this website.
If any part of the Terms and Conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of the Terms and Conditions will not be affected. All other terms will remain in full force and effect. So far as possible where any term or part of a term can be severed or removed to render the remaining part valid, the term shall be interpreted accordingly. Alternatively, you agree that the term shall be rectified and interpreted in such a way that closely resembles the original meaning of the term as is permitted by law.
If you breach these Terms and Conditions and we take no action, TJX will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction These Terms and Conditions are to be construed in accordance with the laws of England and, in the event of any dispute or claim associated with these terms and conditions, that dispute or claim shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
The above Terms and Conditions, the Returns Policy and any emails regarding the services TJX provides constitute the entire agreement of the parties (TJX and the customer) and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between you and TJX. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms and Conditions will be effective only if in writing and signed by a Director of TJX.
Terms and Conditions for Promotion and Competitions
#MyTKBrag Facebook Competition
Full Terms and Conditions:
- This Promotion is open to legal residents of the Republic of Ireland aged 18 or over, excluding employees of TJX Ireland Unlimited Company, their group companies, their families, agents or anyone else professionally connected with this Promotion.
- No purchase necessary; however, internet access and a valid Facebook account are required.
- Promotion Period: Enter between 12.00 (midday) BST on Saturday 29th July 2017 and 23.59 BST on Friday 4th August 2017.
- To Enter:
- Log on to your Facebook account (or create one for free).
- Comment underneath TK Maxx’s competition post of Baz Ashmawy’s Video Guide to Bragging on Social with a photo of your most ‘brag–worthy’ TK Maxx purchase and a description of why you believe it to be a brag-worthy purchase.
- Add the hashtag #MyTKBrag.
- Further Entry Details:
- Entrants must only submit photos that are their own work;
- Entrants must not upload photos which have been previously published or won an award or prize via a promotion run by the Promoter or any other entity; and
- Entrants must only upload photos that do not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including but not limited to, ownership, copyrights, trademarks, patents, logos, licensing rights,
- Entries must be made from Facebook accounts that are open to the public.
- By entering the Promotion, entrants give their permission for their entries to be used by the Promoter without further compensation, over and above the award of the prize, for up to one year for promotion purposes. Copyright will remain with the entrant. However, by entering this Promotion, the entrant agrees to the Promoter publishing these entries on their website and possible further use on their website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other social media platforms. They also agree to other possible promotional use in media of the Promoter’s choosing without any further payment, over and above the award of the prize, for up to one year but with appropriate credit given to the original entrant.
- All entries must be received by the end of the Promotion Period to be valid.
- Maximum of one entry per person is permitted during the Promotion Period. Any further entries submitted by one person will not be accepted or judged and are ineligible to win.
- The Prize: Five winners will each win 1x €200 TK Maxx gift card.
- Gift cards can be used in any TK Maxx store in Ireland ONLY, in a single or multiple transaction and are subject to their own terms and conditions: http://www.tkmaxx.ie/terms-and-conditions#gift.
- The Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and there is no cash alternative.
- The Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize, of equal value, should the advertised prize become unavailable for reasons beyond their control.
- Please allow up to 28 days for delivery of the Prize from the date of winner confirmation. Prizes will only be sent to the country of residence as stated in clause 1.
- Moderation: The Promoter will reject entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter:
- contain any content that is likely to be considered offensive by the Promoter or could reflect negatively the name, reputation, or goodwill of the Promoter or any brand partner;
- include trademarks, logos, or copyrighted material not owned by you or used without the right holder's prior written permission (including famous names, company names, etc.);
- defame, misrepresent, or insult other people or companies, including, but not limited to the Promoter (including its partners);
- promotes any political agenda.
- Winner Selection: All valid entries (subject to moderation) will be judged by the Promoter within 5 working days of the end of the Promotion Period and in accordance with the following criteria:
- How compelling their photo and explanation is;
- How much of a ‘steal’ the purchase was (value for money); and
- How passionate and enthusiastic their explanation is of their purchase.
Twenty (20) shortlisted entries will then be judged by PromoVeritas, the independent promotional verification service, to select the final five winners.
- If there is a tie, these entrants will be entered into a prize draw, which will be conducted within 3 working days of judging, by PromoVeritas to determine the overall winner.
- Winner Notification: The winners will be contacted via a message under their original entry on Facebook within 4 working days of judging or the prize draw (if applicable) and will be required to respond to confirm eligibility plus acceptance of the prize within 14 days of initial contact. In the event the winner does not respond to communications within 14 days of initial contact, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that winner and allocate that prize to an alternate entrant selected in the same manner.
- Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete entries, entries submitted by or via third parties or syndicates, entries submitted by macros or other automated means, and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that participant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the Promotion, that participant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize awarded will be void.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be liable to the winners for any loss or damage whatsoever caused (whether in contract, tort (including (without limitation) negligence), statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the Competition and the Prize.
- The Promoter or its agencies will not be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of the Promoter or its agencies. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for system errors or other issues that may result in disruption to lost, delayed or not received entries or winner notifications.
- In the event of any dispute the decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner confirms that they have read and agree to be bound by these terms & conditions and by the decisions of the Promoter, which are final in all matters relating to the Promotion. Breach of these terms and conditions by the winners may result in the forfeiture of the Prize.
- If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
- If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook and that Facebook has no liability for any element of this Promotion.
- The name and region of the winner will be available by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org after 10th September 2017 for 4 weeks.
- The winner will be required to participate in any reasonable publicity arising from the Promotion.
- This Promotion is governed by the Republic of Ireland Law and participants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Republic of Ireland courts.
Promoter: TJX Ireland Unlimited Company (trading as TK Maxx and Homesense), is registered in Ireland under registration number 316341, with a registered office of Segrave House, 19/20 Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2. TJX Ireland Unlimited Company is a subsidiary of TJX UK, a company registered in England and Wales under registration number 3094828 and whose registered office is at 50 Clarendon Road, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD17 1TX.